Tuesday, January 6, 2009

go east.

so i went to selah last night and jeremy's talk couldn't have been more perfect (especially with it being a new year)! the theme for it was "go east". he elaborated on it, but was basically talking about how we make excuses when God tells us to do something. if He is telling us where/when/how to serve Him, we will find reasons for why that isn't good for us: timing, money, leaving the comfort of home..
ever since reading "the irresistible revolution" (shane claiborne), i have realized how comfortable my life is. i have grown up in a good home, going to church, and currently work as a freelance photographer. however, i'm not really sure how many people know how much i am ready to get going! i am young, i am not tied down in a relationship, and i have a job that allows me a lot of freedom. i can honestly say that my relationship with God isn't as "healthy" as i would like it to be, but i do know that if He called me somewhere - i would go. (i do realize that i have an obligation and duty as a photographer to be here to shoot the weddings (etc) that i have in the coming year.) it's not just that i am at peace with leaving, it's the desire of my heart to go out into the world and live for Him. i want to live life in a way that is uncomfortable. whether i am shooting photos in another country, or sharing love with those in my city, i have always felt that He has a bigger plan for my life.
jeremy's message gave me so much hope and excitement for the future.

this is just a iddy bit of what is going through my mind, but i just wanted to share.
lots of things going on in this new year, so please be in prayer.

No comments: