Friday, December 19, 2008

the great salt lake

i realize that it has been quite a while since my last post. so much has happened since i have entered back into savannah, that i have forgotten to update. so now the 2 people that read my blog (my mother & mandy from capon) will be happy :)
i am in a very sleepy and mellow mood. i went to tybee island early this morning with my friend mikey to shoot the sunrise. i had forgotten how amazing it was...it will sound corny, but it was a little bit like a miracle. or maybe it was just another reminder of how artsy God is. i mean - dang. God probably would have gone to SCAD and graduated summa cum laude.
when we got back from the island, i thought i would drop by bonaventure (cemetery) on my way home. my brother's anniversary of his death is in 10 days. it will be 14 years since his death :/
i also looked at my grandfather's gravestone and realized that he had been gone for 4 years...i didn't even realize it had been that long - feels like it was just yesterday. he was a magnificent man and quite a stud, might i add..
i stood there in the middle of all of the headstones and the wind blew. i have never been in a cemetery that early in the morning, and it was strangely relaxing. i had time to think about a lot of things, most of which sort of brought a smile to my face. i am feeling extremely blessed. i literally felt like i could sit there all day and maybe just have conversations with God...
...then the leaf-blowers showed up right in front of our section of the cemetery and went to town on the leaves. the peaceful moment was lost, but i really enjoyed being out there.
i drove home with the windows down listening to Band of Horses. i love their music. i think i heard about them around 3 years ago...my favorite songs are "the great salt lake" and "the funeral". i thought they were quite appropriate considering i visited the ocean AND a cemetery this morning. thankfully i am headed to see them in concert in 11 days. yessssss..
anyways, for those that would like to be updated, everything is going well. lots of portraits have been going on and i have had the privilege to shoot 2 weddings since being home. i really do love shooting weddings...they are challenging and stressful, but are also rewarding and basically just make me happy :)
i will be writing more frequently now that i have time to breathe. the website will be receiving a lot of updates before the end of December. i'm sure everyone is tired of looking at the same pictures (i know i am). lots of new stuff coming, pretty people.
(my photo was taken by mikey)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. I love the tripods, sentry duty on the beach!

I've been dreaming of Capon lately. I'll take a drive out to the mountains soon. It does a body good! I'll stop by and give Pauline a hug!

Happy New Year!
~Mandy

Emily Anne said...

I love you! And I love your pictures!!
-Emily Anne :)